Monday, July 13, 2009

Things I Can't Live Without

Okay, aside from the basics (yes, I understand Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs), my family and Jesus, here are some things that I just can't live without:

1. Target: I go here to get out. It's on the "approved" list of places that I can easily go with the kids, by myself.

a. What's better than the popcorn combo? A buck fifty and I get a soda (with free refills) and Sarah gets popcorn.
b. Target diapers. Cheap, effective.
c. Target wipes. Cheap, effective
d. Random great deals. Like the shower curtain rod, a nice one, that I got for $6 or the $1 section. Or the shirt that I got for $3.74. These things make me happy.
e. Kenny will go with me (and not complain about shopping). Odd random story: When Kenny and I first started dating Target was the one place that we couldn't go without having a fight. We had to leave Target while doing our wedding registry because we were having such a heated "discussion". We used to pull into the parking lot, I'd look at him and say "Repeat after me." "I will not fight with you in Target today..."

2. Sam's Club:
a. I can get a pretzel and a HUGE soda for $2. SOLD.
b. Sam's Club Formula: Cheap, effective.
c. Sam's Club Diapers: Cheap, effective.
d. Cheap Milk.
e. Free samples. Need I say more.
f. I can buy the things I need in bulk. Paper towel, toilet paper, plastic red cups, spinach, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal... you know, priorities in life.

3. My hair straightener. Becca, you say, I haven't seen you straighten your hair in ages... That's true! That's because I have an almost 2 year old and almost 6 month old. I'm doing good to be dressed before I walk out the door. Fixing my hair is out the window :) However, my hair straightener is something that I don't know how I lived before I bought one... It changed my life. I'm not even kidding!

4. OxyClean: The spray, not the powder. This stuff is amazing. Billy Mays seriously made my life easier.

5. Baby Wipes: Seriously, how did I survive before we started buying Baby Wipes in bulk? I use them for everything! Something spilt on the carpet, get a baby wipe. Someone wrote on my leather chair, get a baby wipe. Someone peed on the couch, get a baby wipe. The list goes on and on.

Two blog posts in one day... Guess I had lots to say today...

No comments:

Post a Comment